Magic With MTR brand masala
Quick Bisi Bele Bhath
The traditional preparation of this dish is quite elaborate and involves preparing the powder from scratch using various lentils and spices. However I use the store brought powder MTR brand which eliminates this step making the cooking easier. Also add any vegetables of choice.Ingredients
- 1 cup rice (raw)
- ½ cup Toor daal
- 1 medium onion
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1/4 cup shelled peas
- ½ cup carrot (peeled & chopped)
- ½ cup beans (stringed and chopped)
- Tamarind juice (size of a small lime)
- 2 tsp mustard seeds
- 5-10 curry leaves
- A pinch asafetida
- 8-10 Cashew nuts
2 Tbsp MTR brand Bisi Bele bhath powder
- Soak tamarind in a little warm water and extract juice and keep it aside.
- Heat water in a vessel and add the chopped vegetables along with little salt and cook. Keep aside.
- Wash rice and daal separately and place them in pressure cooker in separate containers until cooked. Note: The rice needs to be soft and not separate unlike for the rice dishes. After the daal is cooked, mash it well.
- Take a heavy bottom pan and then heat oil.
- Do the seasoning of mustard seeds, curry leaves, asafetida, and broken cashew pieces.
- Add the chopped onions, after it turn light brown add the tomatoes and stir until the tomatoes are cooked.
- Add the cooked vegetables and give it a good stir.
- Add the MTR brand Bisi bele bhat powder, tamarind juice, salt and continue to cook.
- Add rice and daal mix well. Let this simmer on the stove for about 15- 20 minutes.
- Keep stirring in between so that the daal does not get stuck at the bottom.
- Serve hot with raita, chips/boondi. Add a small spoon of ghee, just before serving.
I know you all are wandering from where to get MTR brand Bisi bele bhat power just click the brand name written in my blog you will get the link from where to buy this product