punjabi mango pickle
if you are a pickle lover you are going to love this pickle.
- 5-6 small or medium sized raw mangoes
- 1.5 tbsp split fenugreek seeds/methi dana
- 2 tbsp split mustard seeds/rai dana (optional) 2 tbsp fennel seed whole or coarsely ground
- 1.5 tbsp nigella seeds/kalonji
- 1.5 tbsp turmeric
- 1.5 to 2 tbsp red chili powder
- salt as required
- mustard oil
- rinse and wipe dry the mangoes. inch.
- dice the mangoes. discard the seeds.
- mix all the spices, spice powders and salt with the diced mangoes.
- mix well so that the spices get evenly coated to the mangoes.
- keep this spiced mango mixture in sunlight for 3-4 days.
- cover with a thin muslin to protect from dust.
- after 3-4 days, add the mangoes to a jar. pour mustard oil till it just about covers the rim of the mangoes up to 1/2 inch or 1inch
- stir and mix well. store the pickle in a dry and cool place for 3-4 days.
Cook time: 0:00
Tags: mango, mustard seeds, spices