Soft, juicy chunks of paneer marinated in Tandoori masala and then grilled with veggies! This is a great dish to serve at your next barbeque.
- 30, 2" cubes of paneer (cottage cheese) - see recipe below
- 3 tbsps Tandoori Masala (see recipe below)
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1 large onions cut into 1" square pieces
- 5-6 tbsps vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil
- 2 tbsps Chaat Masala - available at most Indian grocery stores
- Lemon wedges to garnish
- Mix 2 1/2 tbsps of Tandoori Masala with the yogurt, 2 tbsps cooking oil and salt to taste and make a smooth paste.
- Put the paneer chunks in a bowl and pour the above Tandoori paste on to it. Mix gently to coat all the paneer well. Cover and keep in the refrigerator to marinate for two hours.
- Mix the remaining 1/2 tbsp of Tandoori Masala with the onion pieces to coat them well.
- Thread the marinated paneer and onion pieces onto bamboo skewers in a combination of your choice.
- Preheat your grill on medium. Put the paneer skewers on it and brush with a little cooking oil. Grill till paneer is light golden and the onions soft. Do not overcook or the paneer will become rubbery.
- Remove onto a plate and sprinkle with Chaat Masala. Squeeze some lemon juice over the paneer skewers, garnish with lemon wedges and serve piping hot!